Hello Tom,

> On Jan 22, 2016, at 3:28 PM, Tom Ehlert <t...@drivesnapshot.de> wrote:
>
> Hallo Herr Jerome E. Shidel Jr.,
>
> am 22. Januar 2016 um 20:33 schrieben Sie:
>
>> I emailed with Jim the other day. He is extremely busy at present.
>> However, he stated that he wished to get FreeDOS 1.2 out the
>> door very soon. He did mention some reasons for getting it
>> released. But, I’m not going to go into them.
>
>> I see no reason why a beta release is not ready in the next
>> few days-weeks. So, I highly recommend taking a look at the
>> package list files and making any requests you may have for
>> additions or removals.
>
>> https://github.com/shidel/FDI/blob/master/SETTINGS/PKG_BASE.LST
>> https://github.com/shidel/FDI/blob/master/SETTINGS/PKG_ALL.LST
>
>> Also, Option 1 in the FDCONFIG.SYS file that FDI creates has issues
>> with VirtualBOX. Someone who is more up to date on the memory
>> managers should do an install and take a look at the config files. Then,
>> let me know what needs changed. Otherwise, It won’t get fixed.
>
>> FDI status update:
>
>> It is still finished. However, I just implemented a couple changes:
>
>>        Removed the XMGR
> if YOU feel like it; seems you are the new boss here
>

>>        and UIDE packages.
> that sounds like a very bad idea

Well, I can be bossy, but usually I’m just really pushy. :-)

Jim said he wanted XMGR and UIDE pulled from the next release.
I think it may be due to obscure legal reasons. But, you would have to
ask him.

> regarding ALL:
>
> ping, wget and possibly some more belong to the same package as mtcp,
> but only make sense if you also install some package drivers.
> same for rsync and curl

Ah, I didn’t realize ping was in mtcp. Pulled.
I don’t see wget in there, just htget.

what package for drivers?

> which is afaik included in command.com <http://command.com/>, at least the
> one I have
>
> I'd put doslfn in the base package

I thought base was supposed to be as close to MS-DOS as possible.
However, if Jim says OK, I will put it in there.