> On Jan 28, 2016, at 1:52 AM, Louis Santillan <lpsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well...so I finished my testing late last night with the MSI Wind Netbook.  I
> ran into an issue the MBR was never updated by FDI 1.2. :/  Figured it out
> eventually.  You can read more about it here [0].  There's pictures and video.
>
> Now, I need to produce an ISO now for the eMachines M6805 I have (no support
> for USB flash drive boot; tried several BIOSes).
>
> [0] https://sites.google.com/site/lpsantil/fdi12-msi-wind

Just watched your video. The USB stick ran very nicely on your hardware.
And you page was nicely detailed on the install process. Well done.

Just a couple notes, that don’t really matter.

That was pre10 not pre6. (Hopefully, I will have time to push pre11 tomorrow)

The forcing the stick to be treated as drive A: caused the boot errors when
you were trying to fix the boot loop issue. (Hope to implement a cure for the
boot errors in  pre11)

The MBR boot code issue. Yeah, I know. It just seems to be like others have
mentioned.
If you replace it, you may be breaking stuff. If you don’t replace it, it may
not boot.
Maybe, I will add an option to FDI in advanced mode to force a MBR boot code
update
in some future pre or beta release of FDI. Or, if I have the time, I might add
a check for
MBR boot code in V8Power Tools.

You didn’t try advanced mode? (either by manually launching as "setup.bat adv”
or
pressing CTRL+C at any of the choice boxes)