another one : http://www.georgpotthast.de/g-gui/

and Windows 3.0.

there is certainly no lack of GUI's for DOS. Many  have tried, but
noone came up with a GUI for DOS, with the possible exception of GEM,
and Windows 3.x.
The chance that exactly YOU come up with a useful one is very close to zero.

Just look at these projects, count the program lines, and estimate
time used.

Tom

am 18. Februar 2016 um 17:53 schrieben Sie:

> Forgot to mention NewDeal [0] and some other pre-Y2K GUIs [1].

> [0] http://toastytech.com/guis/nd32.html
> [1] http://toastytech.com/guis/index.html

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Louis Santillan <lpsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maarten,
>>
>> You should familiarize yourself with what's already been done.
>> OPENGEM/GEM [0], SEAL[1], DOSStart [2], others [3][4][5].
>>

>> [0] http://www.freedos.org/software/?prog=opengem
>> [1] http://sealsystem.sourceforge.net/
>> [2]
>> https://web.archive.org/web/20120818224825/http://www.icdc.com/~dnice/dosstart.html
>> [3] http://www.pldos.pl/windos/spectra.htm
>> [4]
>> https://web.archive.org/web/20080402084721/http://members.aol.com/aumenu/menudwn.html
>> [5] http://members.quicknet.nl/blankendaalr/
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Maarten Vermeulen <netraa...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>

>>> It’s not really about FreeDOS… but it has something to do with it. :)
>>>
>>> I thought that maybe if you all like the idea, I could make a GUI shell. It
>>> would be exclusive of course. Though, It will be especially for FreeDOS. And
>>> maybe also MS-DOS and Night DOS. It’s a sort of a vote. Would you like the
>>> idea of a new GUI shell? Something new, newer then the old original (still
>>> nice) Windows shells (Windows 1.0; 1.10; 2.0 etc.). I liked the idea, but if
>>> no one likes the idea it’s a bit of a pointless thing. Also this will be a
>>> second project, where I can work on when my other project (BirdOS) is paused
>>> for a bit. Then I can wipe my mind for a bit.. :)
>>>

>>> Some things though:
>>>

>>> -          Can a 16-bit OS load bitmap images?
>>>
>>> -          Can, if the idea is voted as a yes, I ‘borrow the FreeDOS logo
>>> for [1].
>>>

>>> [1] a ‘made for FreeDOS 1.2’ and ‘compatible with FreeDOS ‘1.1’
>>> emblem/image. This will (maybe) be done with several OS’s.. It will be
>>> especially for FreeDOS.
>>>

>>> Get the discussion going! :)
>>>

>>> -Maarten

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards