If you're doing C, there's

djgpp[0] (gcc, other GNU stuff, and more) and Allegro[1], GRX [2]
which has a BGI-like interface, Microwindows/Nano-X[3] which has
TinyGL (OpenGL-like), Win32-like & X11/xlib-like interfaces.  Georg
Potthast has a FreeDOS distro, XFDOS[4], which integrates Nano-X &
FLTK and he provides a developer ISO as well [5].  All of these are
based on djgpp, which is a 32-bit only, DPMI DOS C compiler
environment.

A quick googling shows there's something else called fastgl/OpenGUI
[6] that supports (Open?)Watcom and djgpp.  Paul Hsieh has notes about
graphics programming with Watcom [7][8]

[0] http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/zip-picker.html
[1] https://www.allegro.cc/docs/dos-djgpp-compile.html
[2] http://grx.gnu.de/