Hi Rugxulo,

> I know this was not a great bug report.
Yes indeed.

>  In fact, I wasn't trying to be
> too specific, just mentioning that some random and confusing stuff was
> happening.
to start with, you didn't mention even METADOS, or even what version
of it, or even where to download it.

so this was not helpful at all.

>> METADOS is a very advanced, very spaghetti BATCH project,
>> which in the end connects you with TCP, downloads components
>> (MEM.EXE below) from the internet and more interesting stuff.
>> unfortunately, *very* spaghetti.

> .BAT doesn't have loops. It overuses "goto". It's not Turing complete.
> Frankly, it's very weak, but at least it does some minimal things
> well.

right. I wasn't complaining, but stated as a fact that METADOS is a
fairly complicated, multilevel bunch of batch files, that are - to
make things a little more complicated - unpacked on the fly. And each
single .bat insists on running with ECHO OFF.

most of my time was spend to eliminate all these ECHO OFF's
to just see what's going on.

a single ECHO OFF in FDAUTO.BAT would have saved a lot of my time, and
served the same purpose.

as a side note: I have no experience with UNZIP.EXE in DOS, but I think
it's performance pathetically slow. is this normal?

Tom