On Sat, 29 Sep 2018, Rugxulo wrote:

I almost also said "or Steve" because I do consider your opinion important.

Well, there's a reason I don't do much more than lurk. A few years ago - after I'd made any semi-important contributions - I started digging into MS-DOS to see how it worked. Needless to say, that's why I no longer even try to help with base, which is what I feel is the most essential part of the OS. (This is also how I know as much as I do about the history of MS-DOS - and can say what fits the "3.31" baseline, the "5.0" baseline, the "6.22" baseline and the "7.1" baseline.)

I've stuck around for probably close to 20 years now, but there's really not much I can do other than provide opinions or research data. Still, this can come in handy now and then, so I'll post once in a while if I feel I have something to offer.

-uso.