On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 17:18:20 -0500, Rugxulo wrote:
> Tom, I am not aware of anybody else (Jim or Eric, for example) ever
> specifying that this mailing list (freedos-devel) is only for
> development of FreeDOS proper and not for development on or targeting
> FreeDOS.

While I don't necessarily share the view that this mailing list needs to
be exclusively about elitist FreeDOS development, I do think that it
should be a list at least about (DOS) development. Announcements of
random new micro-projects is not development. Unless the post would be "I
hit a problem in my fortune program which leads to crash and I don't get
what's going on", or the project would be helpful to developers (like
some neat library, or a new compiler or what not) but here it's not.
Simple announcements are, I think, better posted to the user list, and/or
to comp.os.msdos.apps, comp.os.msdos.misc & alt.os.free-dos.

When I subscribe a devel list, I expect low activity, but on the rare
occasions when there is activity at all I expect it to be actually
interesting.

Mateusz
--
FreeDOS is present on the USENET, too! alt.os.free-dos