> I really wasn't expecting you to directly run all "tests".

even if it's probably relevant what they do and how they do what they
do, for my purpose this was (and is) irrelevant.

whatever they do, I took them as a big test case for freecom builds,
in particular to avoid new introduced bugs.

if they succeed, or fail (because a download fails, the archive no longer
exists, or other reason), all 3 new freecoms and the old one from 2006
should (in first approximation) behave identical.

I was looking for differences, and I found some.

it would have been cool to have

    TESTS ALL

which would run all tests (and takes 24 hours to finish), and list
successes/fails. I very much prefer to have my computer work 24 hours,
rather then my interacting with it every 20 minutes - for 24 hours.

> Most of
> what I ran did seem to work in latest prerelease (GNUC build). Indeed
> there are still obscure bugs.

as you didn't document the obscure bugs, I had to redo your work :-<

Tom