Hi Tom,

so in the end the issue is a stack overflow: filenames on the stack
overflow into a const buffer used by strtok. I had raised it from 2K
to 4K back in January but that is not enough.
Since Blair Campbell's LFN work in 2006 cmd_rename() which calls
fillFnam() together use at least 13 ~256-sized fixed sized filename
buffers, which is already 3.3K right there.

You can raise the stack for OW in shell/wlinker.bat to at least 6K,
maybe 8K is better to be more on the safe side. Or alternatively
redesign that code a bit to use less stack space.
Or also just compile without -s to enable stack checking and see what
that gives. I'll do some more tests tomorrow.

Bart