Hello Bart Oldeman,

The OW version looked reasonably stable, the GCC version still ran
into some issues if I remember correctly. Hopefully I can get around
uploading a new prerelease sometime this weekend, and make it the real
release if it works ok.

Do let me know if I might be of any help, especially when it comes to debugging the gcc-ia16 version.

Also:

(*) I recently (late Sep 2018) got GCC's stack protector functionality (-fstack-protector) working, and I find that I can build command.com with this option. (Using -fstack-protector-all instead makes the code section too big and fail to link.)

(*) I have also been thinking of developing a small Electric Fence-like library for gcc-ia16 to detect stack overflow/heap overflow/null-dereference errors, by way of 386 debug registers (where they exist). I am not sure how useful such a library will be, though.

Thank you!

--
https://github.com/tkchia/