Instead of an official FreeDOS graphics card, perhaps a standard FreeDOS
graphics API and/or Window Manager. This would build upon the VBE by giving
developers a handful of routines callable via interrupt to better utilize the
underlying VBE code. Perhaps some useful functions would be to return the
number of the largest supported screen mode of a specified bit depth, support
for performing visual effects like scrolling, screen wipes and fades, drawing
and manipulating windows etc. Such a thing could be encapsulated in a TSR which
could then be run on demand by the user when needed for applications which
support it.