Resending to the list, had responded to Tom privately (thought it had sent it
to me privately)

---- Le ven., 11 juin 2021 11:14:43 -0400 Tom Ehlert Software
<mailto:t...@drivesnapshot.de> écrit ----

>> French: I think I have not seen any accented characters, like all replaced
>> by 2 chars (Unicode)
>I don't understand. KEYB should never create 2 characters.
It would be more the translated messages being in probably UTF-8, rather than
codepage 850 for french

>> mkeyb fr: m letter seems undefined  *I think* it is supposed to be defined
>> on ;

>all of m,a,q,w probably don't work due to a virtual box bug.
 Indeed!

>can you verify if the  mkeyb45 works better.

http://www.drivesnapshot.de/freedos/mkeyb45.zip

Made a floppy disk image with it, and loaded it in VBox.

Seems to work perfectly.

A: keyb fr

mKEYB 0.45 [Jun 11 2021] - FR - Francais  Clavier AZERTY (Snoopy81)

like I said works not just the 1 rows, but all rows (AZERTY).

Was just confused at first, to have to type keyb to get mkeyb.