> While I have not seen it discussed here yet,

> https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/news/2021/06/freedos-kernel-2043-and-freecom-085/

IMHO this is not acceptable.

freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net used to be the place to discuss
about freedos development. changing this without even ANNOUNCING this
is disgusting.

Jim has for a while behaved like the well meaning dictator (the
installer and it's 'features' has never been discussed here).

Jeremy somehow has taken over control over kernel and command
releases (after ~15 years of doing nothing).

> Unfortunately, ALL files in the kernel source download have the same
> timestamp, making it impossible to see what was last changed when :-o

ALL times of ALL files of ALL projects are checkout times and
completely useless.

modern times.
asshole developer.

BYE.