Hi!

>>> nge_nibb, fading indeed slow, speed of game seems ok, but fastly got:
>>> Page fault at eip=00005d53, error=4
>>> cs: sel=00a7 ds:af, es:af fs:8f
>>> Call frame:
>>>   0x00005d53
>>>   0x00002133
>>>   0x0000219a
>>>   a few 0x0000219a

> The game runs in VirtualBox, but it's unplayable. The text fading
> in/out is very slow (same as QEMU) but then my turn immediately ends
> without anything happening.

Caused by un-initialized variables (immediate death) and
bad speed caused by bad wait for retrace. Crashes at exit
are caused by bad exit style depending on from where in
the game you left it. All fixed in my patched version,
see my mail to the list about that ;-)

> Bolitaire runs fine on VirtualBox. I'm just not a fan of Freecell. :-)

Have you checked whether the photo of the author has proper
colors? You can find it in one of the help or similar items.

It does not for me, while the rest of the game is okay, just
the usual simple card game colors you would expect for it.

Usability problem: Some menus cannot be reached when your
mouse fails, including the confirmation for leaving the game.
Other menu items do work with hotkeys. Would be nice to get
the whole game playable even without mouse.

Regards, Eric