Jim,

> On Jun 17, 2021, at 12:52 PM, Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 11:21 AM Jerome Shidel <jer...@shidel.net
> <mailto:jer...@shidel.net>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A while back Jim did a nice article on DOS text mode colors.
>>
>> I asked him why he didn’t cover VGA text mode pallets for customizing them.
>>
>> This led to the creation of a simple tool to demonstrate altering the text
>> mode colors to whatever RGB value you want on VGA systems.
>>
>> https://fd.lod.bz/repos/current/pkg-html/vgapal.html
>>

> That is indeed a neat little tool. When I wrote that article, I didn't
> realize you could change the text palette. Very neat to experiment
> with this tool. :-)
>
> Also: I rewrote and expanded on that other "text colors" article, and
> it's today's article in the month-long series:
> https://opensource.com/article/21/6/freedos-sixteen-colors
> <https://opensource.com/article/21/6/freedos-sixteen-colors>
>
> (But I didn't mention palettes in this one, either.)

I don’t blame you for not mentioning it.

It really is a whole new can of worms. Kinda like custom text mode fonts.

Perhaps something that belongs in a different article.

Like maybe the types and progression of video cards.

Or, maybe something on the differences between EGA and VGA.

Or, who knows… All kinds of possibilities.

:-)

Jerome