On 6/17/2021 9:52 AM, Jim Hall wrote:
On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 11:21 AM Jerome Shidel <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:
Hi,

A while back Jim did a nice article on DOS text mode colors.

I asked him why he didn’t cover VGA text mode pallets for customizing them.

This led to the creation of a simple tool to demonstrate altering the text mode
colors to whatever RGB value you want on VGA systems.

https://fd.lod.bz/repos/current/pkg-html/vgapal.html

While that article has some relation to (Free)DOS, I think the whole discussion about how VirtualBox (or others) are handling VGA register compatibility should rather be moved into their respective support forums.

just my 2c,

Ralf