> On Mar 3, 2022, at 5:33 AM, richardkolacz...@hotmail.com wrote:
> [..]
> So with your plans on more frequent releases - (USB only wise) - where does
> it leave me?

Although, your using a USB stick. Your using it as your HD. So, I’d consider
that installed and not Live. You would probably want to just do upgrades with a
rolling release. Depending on your system and if you get CD/DVD support
working, there are ways to do that with the current installer(s). However, I
think long term a simpler “upgrade" utility would make sense.

As for your CD/DVD not working at present, there are only a couple open source
CD/DVD drivers provided with the release. However, the CD initialization helper
knows about some other drivers. If any of those known drivers are installed
into FREEDOS\BIN, the helper will try to use them first. Those other drivers
are not open source and cannot be provided on the release. However, they are
readily and freely available online. To get a list of which drivers are
currently supported by the helper and the order they are tried, run “CDROM.BAT
help”. Make sure to include the extension, there is a exe or com that has the
same basename that deals with the cd tray which DOS may execute first when the
extension is not included.

Also, it has been reported to me that some users have had luck running the
ELTORITO driver when not booted from an ELTORITO CD. It is included and used by
the LiveCD. However, not installed because it’s only supposed to work when
booting a ELTORITO disc.

Jerome