On Sat, Mar 5, 2022, 3:45 AM Robert Riebisch <r...@bttr-software.de> wrote:

> Hi Wilhelm,
>
> [..]
> > With an updated fdimples and wget (which also supports no NLS in FD) it
> > would be possible to find and add new games / files / tools / whatever
> > from a server - and Jim has the chance to announce it whenever they
> > appear. So people do not look every day with fdimples but get updates
> > whenever there is a new tool available. AND: the number of downloads
> > stays high!
>
> The community should not rely on Jim making all the announcements alone.

Yes, Jim would prefer this as well. I sometimes get stuck doing things like
news announcements because volunteers come and go. We used to have 3 or 4
people posting news items on the website, but right now it's just me.

But I mostly repeat announcements on the website that originally appear
here on the email list. A few folks email me separately for announcements,
probably because they think I'll see them faster - ironically, these get
mixed with a bunch of other stuff that goes directly to me (including
personal stuff and spam) so it's actually *slower* to email me off-list. It
would be best if everyone just made new version announcements here.

(This isn't quite what you were referring to, but maybe this will encourage
a few other folks to volunteer.)