Hi,

> On Jan 9, 2023, at 2:46 PM, Knedlik <kned...@trainmazeland.com> wrote:
>
> That’s actually a good question.
> I would say the second option, as I’m in for the trip to DOS world for
> learning how it worked in „the old days“. I do have FreeDOS running on a VM
> on my Mac, so that I can access it at pretty much any time when I have *a*
> computer with me. I will definitely explore the link you sent.
> -Knedlik

Just a minor warning for when you start working on DOS stuff through a VM.

Different Virtual Machine platforms have different limitations when it comes to
supporting DOS hardware. For example, Virtual box does not support the PC
Speaker or some common VGA functions. Generally, the lack of good VGA support
does not affect most programs. While others may not work at all.

DOSBox tends to do alright. But, there are limitations while using it as well.