On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 10:09 AM Wilhelm Spiegl <wilhelm.spi...@mail.com> wrote:

> While this discussion is miles away from my original proposal,
> I understand that my proposal with GSoC is buried.  Thanks for this
> interesting discussion.

Sifting through the several conversation threads on this, I think the
only project that would really be worth "Google Summer of Code" is a
"loader" to boot FreeDOS on new machines. Liam described it in this
conversation: some kind of basic environment that makes it look like
FreeDOS is booting on 32-bit machine with BIOS, even though it's
booting in UEFI-only. We've also discussed something like this in
other conversation threads, a few years ago. It's also mentioned on
the "How to contribute" page on the wiki:
http://wiki.freedos.org/wiki/index.php/Contribute

Basically, provide some kind of boot environment that establishes its
own virtual environment in which FreeDOS can run.