Hi Tom,

> On Jan 31, 2023, at 7:17 AM, tom ehlert <t...@drivesnapshot.de> wrote:
>

> https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=105823
>

> I haven't tested this, but there seems to exist "VBSF.EXE -- a client
> for Shared Folders. This allows shared folders to be mounted as drives
> inside MS-DOS (and Windows 3.x) directly, without any network stack."
>
> which is more or less what you are searching.

It defiantly could be very useful for VirtualBox. It is also GPLv2 with
sources. As such, I created a package for it on the FreeDOS GitLab Archive at
https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/net/vbados <https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/net/vbados>.

The program will need testing. But since many users are running FreeDOS inside
a VM, we may want to consider including VBADOS in the next OS release. Possible
either installed with FULL or just available to be installed from Live or Bonus
CD. The FreeDOS devel group will need to discuss it’s inclusion. :-)

The main difference between using VBADOS and EtherDFS would come down to the
DOS machine. If running DOS inside VirtualBox, VBADOS would most likely be the
easiest to setup and use. However, using EtherDFS works under other Virtual
Machines and with real hardware.

For me, a single solution that works across the different VMs and with real
hardware is the way to go.

But since Liam is using VirtualBox, VBADOS is most likely a better solution.

:-)

Jerome