Hi,

> On Feb 20, 2023, at 9:17 PM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 1:37 PM <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:
>>
>> Other possible new packages to consider for inclusion (or at least watch):
>>
>> 386SWAT - GPLv3, Debugger (may require someone to compile)
>> https://github.com/sudleyplace/386SWAT
>
> You mean the old compile isn't sufficient? (IIRC, it was on his website.)

For 386MAX, they are buried in a subdirectory amongst the source files. I’m was
fairly sure the required binaries for 386SWAT are in a zip file in the root of
the project. However, I’ve never used the program. Looking at it again now, the
386swap.zip contains them.

Back in the day, I used Quarterdeck. I’ve never used 386MAX either. Test
running some of the 386MAX executables, I saw they all still display the old
license information. That should be updated to reflect it has been released as
GPLv3 and re-compiled. The same is most likely the case with 386SWAT. But, I
have not verified that.

>> GW-BASIC - MIT License, Microsoft’s original 1983 version
>> https://github.com/microsoft/GW-BASIC
>
> Personally, I would rather have a package for P5 Pascal. (Although
> both is fine, too.)
> (But my .ZIP was old 1.1, and I never got around to testing or
> building 1.4 for us. No huge differences, just better error-checking,
> supposedly.)

I suggest possibly including GW-BASIC for all the nostalgic users.

I’ve not looked into P5 Pascal. It would be nice to have a alternative to FPC
for DOS.