Thanks for figuring out how to build this at least in some way, and sharing
the results of that work, Rodrigo!

It's unfortunate to read that you discovered binary blobs in the code base
that are apparently needed to build 386MAX.

Could anybody here maybe shed some light on the feasibility of replacing
these blobs with open-source alternatives, or barring that, a legally sound
way of reverse-engineering them? The Windows compatibility is exactly the
feature that made 386MAX so interesting in the first place.