Hallo Herr sparky4 insano via Freedos-devel,

am Mittwoch, 8. November 2023 um 04:23 schrieben Sie:

> i think i found the problem i ran the SAME driver and same code on my 486
> and it works without fail.

> there is something wrong with my 286 board </3

not necessarily.
one of the usual problems with XMS drivers are the way A20  s switch on/off,
and the 486 may use a different method. impossible to tell from far.

try to use MSDOS/HIMEM.SYS on the 286.

Tom

> with love,
> sparky4
> Administrator of 四葉の芽◇ちゃんねる

> On Mon, Nov 6, 2023 at 5:48 PM sparky4 insano <sparky4444444444...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> ah i found a more specific bug
>> using TED5 from https://github.com/sparky4/16-0
>> i tried to scrolling and it crashes
>>
>> Wolfenstein 3d crashes in the demo
>>
>> i think there is a bug in the software
>>
>> with love,
>> sparky4
>> Administrator of 四葉の芽◇ちゃんねる
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 4, 2023 at 10:03 AM Eric Auer via Freedos-devel <
>> freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi!

>>> around
>>>
>>> Please be more specific about what went wrong and which
>>> work around in which code snippet resolved the problem.
>>> I think a workaround in FDXMS286 could be a good idea.
>>>
>>> Regards, Eric

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards
Tom Ehlert
+49-15151898538