I tried to make Edlin portable enough so that multiple toolchains would work on
it. I normally use Cygwin with GCC and make to compile it, but FreeDOS is a
DOS, so I tried to make it so that multiple compilers could compile it. Forgive
my wording here...

Anyway, tweaking config.h should take care of the differences in compilers.
That file can also be generated through the configure script (as well as the
makefile), but DOS wants things as simple as they can be. ;-)

The files edlin.en and msgs-en.h in the distro are the English-language
versions of the catalog and msgs.h, respectively.

If I submitted a set of files for every language and compiler in existence, the
politics of multiplication would come in, and I would be old and grey (or
possibly dead from old age) before that project would be completed.

Gregory