Hello Luchezar,

LG> Maybe later I could try it too... but first I must learn
LG> Bochs!

try
        DEVICE=C:\NUMEGA\S-ICE.EXE /TRA 30 /SYM 400
        DEVICE=C:\system\himem.sys /TESTMEM:OFF
        DEVICE=C:\NUMEGA\umb.sys
        installhigh=....

UMB.SYS is the s-ice UMB provider, and should work similar to emm386

LG> All this just for a tiny refused patch?!
No. but the problem lies somewhere else.
fmemcpy() uses EAX in a very correct way, and the compiler will issue
some
    mov EAX,4[bp]

whenever it finds appropriate.
somewhere else, sooner or later, where it will again cause trouble.

thus the proplem is just delayed, not solved.

tom