On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Arkady V.Belousov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> 26-íÁÒ-2004 19:33 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bart Oldeman) wrote to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>
> >>      And let me remind you two more bugs, which you don't fix yet: first one
> >> is in INT 21/6C (lost check for nonzero AL)
> BO> that's not a bug, we discussed this before -- see Luchos reply
>
>      This is bug. When Lucho says that this is patch from me, I quote him my
> letter where was _not_ sayed, that check for AL should be removed - there
> was discussed only checks for DL.

That's a misunderstanding:

"
Date: Mon,  2 Feb 2004 21:03:52 +0300 (MSK)
From: Arkady V.Belousov
[...]

2-æÅ×-2004 10:58 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Luchezar Georgiev) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

>>     if ((lr.DL & 0xef) > 0x2)
>> First, losted AL check (for AX=6C00) - should be "if (lr.AL || ((lr.DL".
LG> You probably forgot about that. Check for AL=0 was deliberately removed!
LG> File "history.txt" says:
>> * inthndlr.c: Remove AL=0 check for AH=6c (from Arkady) Optimize DL check.
"

The (from Arkady) here refers to "Optimize DL check."
because it's stated like this:
+ Changes Lucho:
    * inthndlr.c: Remove AL=0 check for AH=6c (from Arkady) Optimize DL check.

There really are DOS programs that use int21/ax=0x6c02 or something like
that where they really mean to use extended open. This was discussed here
around October last year.

Bart