Hi Steffen!

> Really, guys, I'd wish everybody would use Bugzilla for
> both to report and query bug reports and wishes. It would make my live
> easier.

FreeCOM has 18 registered bugs at the moment:
- copy non-exist -> exist zaps existing file
- context memory leak in history
- /k blocks exit in batch file
- MEM aborts with "UMB corruption" <-> FreeCOM 0.82pl3e+ (I have patches
  for MEM to make it more forgiving, I hope Bart can find the time to apply)
- shell should interact with APPEND to avoid errors and lockups
- DIR broken in 0.82pl3k (???)
[bug 1049 sounds more like a kernel one]
- SUPPL sources are incomplete (so no wonder nobody submits patches for FreeCOM...)
- leading spaces are stripped from LOADHIGH command line
- shell should be more creative in searching itself
- some strange PowerBasic problem
- keypad arrows behave differently (int 16.0 <-> 16.10 problem? CON problem???)
- DIR . / .ext shorthand not supported
[bug 1720, arrow related keyboard oddity at boot - really a shell bug?]
- CLS only works for 25 lines - and is the only reason why some extra
  library stuff gets linked to FreeCOM
- DIR statistics display does not use "get extended free space" API, so
  it is limited to 2 GB even on FAT32 drives (It would be perfectly okay
  to have kbyte-precision instead of byte-precision display if thats easier)
[FreeCOM might assume /P if it finds itself being the master shell]
[FreeCOM might auto-loadhigh the non-swappable part to UMB]

I do not know why the > 2 GB support got downgraded to "enhancement", but
I call it a bug. And it is more than three years old!

Reporting bugs is nice, but fixing them is better. I already spend far too
much time kicking FORMAT to decent behaviour, so do not ask me. Sorry.

PS: In DOSBox.sf.net, FreeCOM 0.82pl3 is unable to access its own internal commands!?
And in kernel 2035a, it sometimes runs out of history space "forever", i.e.
you have to reboot or you will get an "out of history space" message every
time you enter a command, and history will be dysfunctional.

Eric