On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Luchezar Georgiev wrote:

> > #include <fcntl.h>
> > #include <io.h>
> > #include <dos.h>
> >
> > int main(void)
> > {
> >   int fd = open("fool.dat", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC);
> >   write(fd, "hello", 5);
> >   close(fd);
> >   sleep(2);
> >   fd = open("fool.dat", O_WRONLY);
> >   write(fd, "hello bye", 9);
> >   close(fd);
> >   return 0;
> > }
>
> Thanks, Bart. Seems that as I already have written so, I AM THE FOOL HERE!
> Tested, and it's really as you say. Then why my files I worked over in
> FreeDOS were all with creation times = write times?
>
> No, I will resign from kernel development. Let me leave it to the more
> competent and young. No, seriously!!!

what is going on? I simply provided a counter-example. Everyone makes
mistakes.

People provide counter-examples to me as well, then you simply
have to accept that, you learned something new, and life goes on. Don't
see this as a personal failure. "fool.dat" was more a tongue-in-cheek
filename, basically I already had a file named foo.dat so played with
that ;)

Bart