Arkady V.Belousov wrote:

Hi!

17-Янв-2005 18:34 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kenneth Davis) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

tc debug build fix
+++ task.c 17 Jan 2005 18:34:10 -0000 1.44.2.5
-#if DEBUG
+#ifdef DEBUG

______________O\_/_________________________________\_/O______________
#if TST
# error 1
#endif
O/~\ /~\O
______________O\_/_________________________________\_/O______________

bcc -c -DTST tst.cpp

Borland C++ Version 3.1 Copyright (c) 1992 Borland International

Error t.cpp 1: Expression syntax

Fatal t.cpp 2: Error directive: 1
*** 2 errors in Compile ***
             O/~\                                 /~\O

Fix:

#if TST+0
-------^^

PS: I don't understand, what the trouble was with debugging? Old code was
includes conditional part when DEBUG is defined, new code includes code only
when DEBUG is defined AND not zero. Ie. -DDEBUG now not enough to include
those conditional part.

I'm confused. How does #ifdef DEBUG (the new code) require DEBUG to be defined and not zero?
The issue here is that when I converted an #if 1 to be debug only
code I forgot to change the #if to #ifdef.

On a tangential [only slightly related] note, for debug code I want in the source but
almost never compiled (something that helped track down a specific issue, but
generally not needed for a debug build), should I used
#ifdef DDEBUG ... #endif
or simply
#if 0 ... #endif
or