Hi!

19-Янв-2005 15:06 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kenneth J. Davis) wrote to
freedos-kernel@lists.sourceforge.net:

>>>+++ task.c    17 Jan 2005 18:34:10 -0000      1.44.2.5
>>>-#if DEBUG
>>>+#ifdef DEBUG
>>Fix:
>>#if TST+0
>>-------^^
KJD> I'm confused.
KJD> How does #ifdef DEBUG (the new code)

     Oops... :( Sorry, I'm dubiously blind man - I visually entangle/miss
"+" and "-" characters in your update. :(

KJD> On a tangential [only slightly related] note, for debug code I want in
KJD> the source but
KJD> almost never compiled (something that helped track down a specific
KJD> issue, but generally not needed for a debug build), should I used
KJD> #ifdef DDEBUG  ... #endif
KJD> or simply
KJD> #if 0 ... #endif
KJD> or
KJD> #ifdef <?? suggestions ??> ... #endif

     I think, for (most) specific-purposed debug fragments, better to use
general-purpose "#if 0" - usually, when you debug some fragment, you not
need to see other cross-kernel debug messages. The more so, I don't think
that you need to devise name for conditional compilation guard - debugging
of specific fragments is rare thing, and in this case you may manually
(temporarily!) edit source (0 -> 1), instead manually editing your
config.bat (but don't forget to re_build_ the kernel after/if you restore
original source file with older date).

     After all, I think, DEBUG name is useful for places, where is perofmed
output of general-purpose and user-friendly information. And such places
should be small amount, else profit of debugging output (which can't be
redirected to separate device with permanent memory!) will be losted in big
amount of garbage.