On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:56:40 +0100, you wrote:

Hi Gerry,

>But you didn't tell it to write an MBR?

FDISK should automatic update the MBR when quit (or I'm wrong?)

>OK, but if there was no MBR, this may not create one. That's what my
>earlier post was all about. Can you try this (all data will be lost)
>
>1. Boot FreeDOS on a floppy (or whatever) Make sure FDISK is 1.3.x or above
>
>2. FDISK /CLEARALL 1

Ha ha ... some days ago I've tried already ... failed.

After the MS-DOS FDISK, I feel strange that only 8GB (Eric explained
it's cause by CHS), okay ... try again with FreeDOS ... this time
works!

>(that's a number one assuming your physical drive number is one)
>
>3. FDISK /MBR

Also tried.

>4. FDISK /PRI:2000

What is it?
After it works, I can't fail it again (or I can try break and rebuild
the RAID), next week I'll try again.

>5. <Reboot it>
>
>6. FORMAT C: /S
>
>7. <Reboot it again>
>
>What happens now?

Please wait a few days, I'll try it Monday afternoon.

>Yes, that's what I'm thinking. The problems will arise when you can't do
>multi-tasking and multi-threading, and utilizing full power of load
>balancing on dual XEON:(

yeah ... Dual CPU will have problem, wasting one of the CPU.

Too bad there's no more Desqview .... I love it.

Rgds,
Johnson.