On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:41:12 -0500, you wrote:

Hi Mark,

>I am working on the next version of a procedure to add
>FreeDOS to almost any WindowsXP computer in a dual-boot
>configuration and WITHOUT destroying the WindowsXP

Great, on the Internet there're some guide to this, but all of them is
instructions, without a package or program to do it for you
automatically.

>I'm using open source Linux tools to shrink the WindowsXP
>NTFS partition.  I would like a couple of volunteers to
>test the Version 2.0 Alpha procedure and provide
>suggestions and corrections.

I wish I can catch up with you, in the coming month I have a 3 weeks
trip. I'll prepare a spare hard disk and install XP.

>You should be comfortable with DOS commands and rebooting
>your computer.  You do NOT need any Linux experience.

Good.

>If you would like to dual-boot a new computer with FreeDOS,
>and want to help test this, please send me an e-mail and
>I'll send you the current draft of the procedure.  After a
>few volunteers run through it, I'll get the updated procedure
>posted on the web somewhere.

Did you have any plan to make a small utility to go through the
procedure automatically?

Rgds,
Johnson.