At 12:07 PM 3/15/2006 +0300, Arkady V.Belousov wrote:
15-íÁÒ-2006 02:36 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Michael Devore) wrote to
freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net:

MD> Yes.  Creating a new partition with FDISK doesn't work.  It thinks it
MD> works, but the stick remains unusable until the HP tool reformats it.

     Why this may happen?

I thought I was asking you. Because I sure don't know. If I had to guess, I'd say that USBASPI was getting in the way of the partition creation but not the removal, which still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.