Jim Hall wrote:
> On 11/29/07, Jim Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On 11/29/07, OSCAR GONZALEZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> hi.............
>>>
>>>  I remove the Microsoft logo from the boot screen and rename the project
>>> from "WinDOS" to "FreeWin".
>>>
>> Hold on a sec. I was never able to get your GUI to run, so I did not
>> know about the Microsoft logo. Why was that ever put on your program's
>> boot screen to begin with?
>>
>> Now I'm starting to wonder about what's going on. What did I mirror to
>> ibiblio? Please tell me more about how you started the WinDOS program.
>> I need to feel comfortable that this isn't some derivative of the
>> Windows code leak a few years ago. I've removed WinDOS from ibiblio in
>> the meantime.
>>

> All,
>
> I've been in an off-list discussion with Oscar, and now understand his
> project is "clean". It is based on SEAL and Allego, and includes
> Oscar's own contributions. The only mistake was including images from
> Microsoft Windows. And Oscar has corrected that in a new archive file
> that he sent me, so I will post that now to ibiblio so others may use
> and enjoy it.

Thanks a lot Jim, for pointing this out, because there was quit some
confusing, at least I was confused :-)

> I hate having to ask these kinds of questions to people who eagerly
> want to contribute to FreeDOS, but my most important job is protecting
> the FreeDOS Project. So while I don't like doing it, I believe
> stopping to ask these questions was the right thing to do.

There's nothing wrong about being skeptical. FreeDOS is a Free Software
project and being Free (as in free speech) is one of its greatest strengths.

I think your skepticism is very much appreciated by the FreeDOS
community. Pleas keep it that way ;-)

@ Oscar:

Thanks for your great contribution!

I'm currently testing and I'm very much impressed by your great work so
far. If I'm finished, I will write a review on my osgeex blog.

Don't you get me wrong, I only write reviews on osgeex if the software
is worth it. I'm not going to waste my time, energy and bandwidth on
reviewing crapware.

I will inform Thom Holwerda of http://osnews.com as well.

Once again: *Gratias* for your great work!

... A huge FreeDOS fan and Free Software "Zealot" :-p

--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com