You could make a command that launches an xterm then
runs dosemu. To start an xterm with some specific
number of columns and lines, use the -geometry option.

For example: xterm -geometry 80x20 -e dosemu

launches dosemu in an 80 column by 20 line display.

I don't know if this is adequate for your application,
but you might try it.