Michael Reichenbach schrieb:
> pcdos2k schrieb:
>>> Maybe you find something there. I used EZ-NOS2 as DOS
>>> ftp-server for some time. But it won't run as DOS TSR.
>> eznos2 can shell to dos.

I am not really a fan of eznos2 as it never worked reliable for me,
keeps crashing after some browsing by an external ftp client. Might
have something to do with the IRQ or the PCMCIA services, I never
found it out.

But what about the second statement by pcdos2k?

 >> you can try the free network addons available from datalight.

This evening I played a bit with this program, called datalight
"sockets". It is great and may have everything you want.

You get it from here:
<http://www.datalight.com/products/romdos/productdetails_su_add.php>

First you have to register - this is the downside, as the program is
not Free Software. But on the other hand, you run freedos in a VM
under Windows XP so I consider you not to be a hardcore
OSS-evangelist. ;-)

Registration is fast.

Afterwards: Goto "Resources" and download the "Sockets Single User
Network Add-On (SUNA) 4.20.1594"

Unzip it in a directory of your choice. Mine is C:\network\sockets

Run sconfig.exe which will create the configuration files.

Edit socket.upw for your ftpd account. For instance:
user password c:\ dcwr
will give "user" unlimited access to C:

Create a file ftpd.bat with some necessary settings:

set sockets=c:\network\sockets
socketp.exe
c:\network\sockets\server\ftpd /r

This will start both, the sock32 kernel and the ftp-Daemon in TSR mode.

There is an excellent manual as pdf included. As I understand the
manual, there seem to be no limitations to the free version. There is
also a webserver included, as well as a lot of TCP/IP tools. A working
packet driver (or NDIS or ODI driver + shim) is required.

"Sockets" is the fastest and most reliable DOS ftp-server I
experienced yet. The only problem is memory consumption: After loading
the two TSRs I have only around 450kB free. But maybe it can be tweaked.

regards
Uli