Hi!

I am having trouble with FreeDOS on Virtual PC 2007. I am able to
install it OK, and two of the three (four?) boot options work.

Option #2 (the default, and the one that doesn't work) results in the
following error:

"Illegal instruction occured.
CS=FFFF IP=EEC3 SS=D0B4 SP=0004 ES=0070
...etc...
...etc...
Aborting program
EMM386 - unable to continue - Please reboot=xxxx"

The last four characters "xxxx" are a set of hexadecimal numbers that
are change several times each second.

I am able to boot to the command prompt using options #1 and #3, but am
having trouble running software. For instance, I am trying to install
the video game "Out of this World", but receive the following errors
when running the installation program:

"Line #1 in batchfile 'A:\INSTALL.BAT' too long"

If I try to run the setup file directly I get this error:

"Interrupt divide by zero, stack:
091B 04e3 ... ..."

I also am unable to read the SimCity installation disk in FreeDOS. I am
able to mount the drive and change drive letters, but when I try to
retrieve the directory contents using the DIR command I get this error:

"Volume in drive A Error reading from drive A: DOS error: sector not found"

Here are some details regarding my host system:
AMD Sempron 3000+
1.5GB RAM
Windows XP Home
GeForce 4 TI
Plenty of free hard disk space
Onboard sound/networking
Samsung DVD writer
SuperDisk IDE drive for reading floppies

Details regarding my virtual system:
Virtual PC 2007
128MB RAM
8MB video RAM
1MB code cache
1GB hard disk space
Video mode: Text mode, 640 x 400 x 0

I'd appreciate any help you could provide.

-Mike