Actually, I am less concerned about not having updated packages for
the distribution than I am about a lack of volunteers to put it
together.  As Japheth has suggested, there are simpler ways to create
a new release, but even getting there requires work, which requires
volunteers.

At the moment, I do not have the time to work on it.  Some time in
December, that may change and I may start working on it.  At that
time, I have a couple of weeks of "use it or loose it" vacation time
that I will take.   If all goes as planned, I will do something then.

Pat

P.S.,   For those not in the USA, here you can only carry over a
limited number of hours from one year to the next.  In essence, you
are paid for working hard and not taking vacation by loosing your
vacation time.