hello,

I reinstalled freedos to get a fresh start.

I just now have been fooling around with ntool and mTCP.

just now I got dhcp under mTCP to work. but now it isn't working. I can't get
ntool to work either?

when I run dhcp through mTCP I get an error: failure to get dhcp address. check
your cabling and packet driver settings.

I have tcp.cfg, edited and I have the packet driver that I need. and the packet
driver is loaded via autoexec.bat.

and I just got dhcp to work. when I run ntool I get bootp/dhcp failed.

like I said I reinstalled freedos, one reason I did reinstall was to try to
figure anything about wattcp.cfg.

as far as I know I have wattcp.cfg in
c:\fdos\bin\wattcp.cfg

I edited wattcp.cfg to just have the line my_ip=dhcp
when I run ntool and it fails, I then look at wattcp.cfg and it is empty? like
the my_ip=dhcp is gone. mtcp's dhcp doesn't do this.

I just renamed wattcp.cfg to wattold.cfg and ran ntool again it ran without any
error and wrote nothing to the screen.

this makes me think that these programs are like you said getting a fixed ip
somewhere. but I am not sure.

like I said I reinstalled freedos.

any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone