Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 19, 2011, at 1:00 PM, cordat...@aol.com wrote:

> First, it was not necessary to re-install FreeDOS.
>
> Lynx, Ntool, and all other WATTCP programs are applications, not part of the
> operating system.
> The only OS related thing to consider is whether the packet driver is loaded.
>
> It sounds like now that your virtual machine settings may have changed such
> that DHCP is not
> working.
>
> But back to your original problem - how to know if you are accessing the
> right WATTCP.CFG file?
>
> You can add a line to WATTCP.CFG using the PRINT directive.  So create a
> WATTCP.CFG file
> which contains only the following line:
>
> PRINT = "James WATTCP.CFG file has been accessed"
>
> Or whatever text you want.  When you run either NTOOL or LYNX if you see this
> line printed out during
> initialization then you know that your config file and not that of some evil
> genius, has been accessed.

I added the print line, and when I ran ntool it displayed the print statement
and then bootp/dhcp failed

> WATTCP will access one and only one config file.     First it looks at the
> environment variable WATTCP.CFG which represents a directory (not a file
> name!) if this environment variable does not exist it uses the current
> directory. It
> looks first for the file name WATTCP.CFG and if not found for the file name
> TCP.CFG.

I have under the set command set wattcp.cfg=c:\fdos\bin so should that be a
directory? I have been assuming that is a file? Ntool is seeing it because it
printed the line I used in the print statement?

Maybe why dhcp is working through dhcp is because it is using tcp.cfg. Because
dhcp is working now when I run it through mTCP.

I just ran it again and now it isn't working. I do have dhcp set up to run a
trace maybe someone would like to look at it?