the freedos 1.1 test_3 .iso cd, installed first on a wiped hard drive,
supports (is compatible with) windows xp's auto-installed multiboot manager...

why not mount freedos *and* windows xp, installed both with the fat32 option,
and then just use your tools for xp on xp,
shuffling files back and forth between os's?

this has worked for me.
just make sure you install both with fat32,
else have a copy of freeware "ntfs4dos professional" to communicate between
os's...

hope this helps...
eufdp...@yahoo.com
eufdp...@yahoo.com