On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 6:48 PM, James Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:

> It's not an ideal situation for these old drivers, but we need to be
> careful here. And I'll admit that I'm not sufficiently motivated to
> comb through all the driver zip files (I assume zip) and read all the
> Readme & License files, just to see if we can redistribute them. I'll
> leave that to someone with more free time. :-)

Be careful of what?

Generally speaking, people only really care when they think there is
money involved.  What money *could* be involved here?

We are talking about drivers for ancient hardware.  These drivers are
of no use whatever unless you happen to *have* the hardware.  Not many
will, and it's not exactly a paying market.

I'd put the drivers up on a website and let folks know they existed.
The website would make it clear the drivers were archived there as a
service for folks who happened to have the hardware, and were offered
free of charge to those who could use them.  I'd state that I was
doing so because the manufacturers were out of business and the
drivers could not be found elsewhere, and offer to take them down if
someone who could demonstrate they were the rights holder objected.  I
would be rather surprised if any such rights holder came forward and
complained.

> -jh
______
Dennis