Hi,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Bob Cochran <bcochra...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I am pretty ignorant of how FreeDOS is used by the community as I am
> sure my previous posts show. I would like to build a better
> understanding of FreeDOS. What is it used for most commonly? I know it
> is an operating system, of course, but I don't know why it is used as an
> operating system compared to other operating system choices. I would
> like to understand the user base for FreeDOS better. Are there many
> users, or just a small base of users, or somewhere in between?

DOS is good for gaming and programming, usually old software on old
hardware (but not always). With various kinds of emulation (or a
native FreeDOS install), it (kinda) works on new hardware too. For me,
it's what I'm used to, what I know (sorta), what I enjoy, so I use it.
But admittedly it's a losing battle (almost).

(longer reply snipped)