2012/3/28, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de>:

> Actually you can use FDAPM for that: While the APMDOS
> function is active, FDAPM keeps MSDOS POWER compatible
> statistics of which percentage of the timer tick "time
> slices" contains signs of DOS and the apps being idle.
> In such situations, the cpu is halted with HLT and/or
> BIOS APM calls until the next IRQ (next timer tick or
> any other IRQ based event that happens eariler). [..]

Never before did anything like that. If/when you'll find some free
time, maybe could you, please, paste some example procedure - can be
in "plain C" ("K&R", rather not C++)? Could be also assembler, if it
can be "better fit".

I would to use such module in my DX-Forth exercises, since it'll give
me information, is my program about optimal, or in a need for further
polishment.
--
Z.