Hi,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Bernd Blaauw <bbla...@home.nl> wrote:
> Op 11-4-2012 20:02, Rugxulo schreef:
>
> The entire idea of opensource was to be able to modify sources to suit a
> person's needs. Most people, including me, haven't got enough interest
> or experience to be a programmer, but still, a bit of messing around and
> see what happens, should be possible.

I'm no whiz myself, but the only way to learn is try, I suppose, or
read a billion books and sources. Though it's not easy, and there just
aren't enough helpful mentors.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/util/system/cpulevel2007.zip

>> P.S. I guess you know 7zdecode.exe is much smaller than p7zip. Or are
>> you just letting the end user figure out how to unpack it?   ;-)    Oh
>> wait, p7zip itself can't build (easily?) on FreeDOS, heh, now that's
>> one behemoth of a package (slow to build).
>
> Your used extender for 7zdecwat.exe wasn't compatible with public
> distribution, so I can't use it.

I built 9.22 with stock DJGPP + CWSDPMI only just to be safe with
licensing. You can find it on iBiblio. Though it bundles CWSDSTUB in
itself to ease use, but you can remove that if you want to save a few
kb.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/util/file/7zip/7zdecode/

> A 386+ build of UPX-UCL v3.08 wouldn't hurt either :)

I did manage to cross-compile it, but native DJGPP just didn't seem to
like it, and I got too frustrated to keep trying ad nauseum. (I'm
pretty sure they only cross-compile too, so they don't care about
native builds.)

So I never got back to that, hence iBiblio only has 3.07. But I can
email or upload it for you if you want. It works fine. EDIT: Never
mind, just uploaded to iBiblio, check here:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/devel/upx/upx-ucl-3.08.zip