There is another thread about the future of DOS

The fear is that we'll reach soon the point of no more new equipments
will be able to boot a "real" DOS on native mode.

At this point the options are to use emulators or to port DOS to new
processors (new x86 based or totally different processor family as ARM)

For example www.raspberrypi.org is working on a very interesting low
priced ARM computer.
As our FreeDOS kernel is based mainly on C code, at least in the theory,
is possible adapt it to compile it on a diferent very
processor-architechture.

Of course the resulting will be a "kind of DOS" uncompatible with the
classic x86 binaries, but may be interesting for some people to make the
kind of things that they currently do on DOS machines.

For example the cheap raspberry pi computer may be used for kiosk or
industrial controler cheaper than any x86 computer

Marco A. Achury
Tel: +58-(212)-6158777
Cel: +58-(414)-3142282
Skype: marcoachury