At 07:14 PM 6/15/2012, Marcos Favero Florence de Barros wrote:

>If all goes well, technicians from the municipality will run the
>network cables in the building for us. But we don't want them to
>start drilling walls and roofs before we are sure the system is
>robust.

I haven't touched DataPerfect for 14 years and back then, it was a
data conversion of existing DP database files into some other data format.

What I remember and at least the available DP manuals also state is
that DP is using the very basic DOS "(un)lock file region" call of
DOS 3.0+ to allow concurrent access to the same database on a
network. That would be specifically INT21h/AH=5Ch, and that call
needs to be properly supported in FreeDOS to begin with.
Any file caching software should not touch access to networked drives
(on the clients) and on the local machine that acts as server, it
needs to be aware of the locking call and act accordingly...

Ralf