Tom Ehlert:
> could you be more specific about
> 1)  where is the database located (not geografically, but what machine)
> 2)  what's the 'servers' operating system ?

The database is in a Pentium machine running FreeDOS and
MS-Client with a Realtek RTL8139 network adapter card. I'm at
home now, so I don't have more details.

> if the answer to 2) is 'FreeDOS' then either SHARE.EXE is not running
> or SHARE.EXE is buggy. the latter is quite likely as it was never
> really tested against network access.

I think SHARE.COM must be running because the two-computer test
network works perfectly -- as long as the two users won't press
and hold arrow keys of PgUp/PgDn simultaneously, or try to run
reports from the client. In other words, as long as server and
client don't attempt to access the hard drive in the same
millisecond or so.

Bernd wrote:
> Anyway, are you (legally) able to test your setup against an MS-DOS
> environment instead of FreeDOS? That could determine (or rule out) some
> issues.

Yes, I can do that. I was a MS-DOS user until 2007 when I
changed to FreeDOS.

I'll test and report back.

Marcos

Marcos Fávero Florence de Barros