I'm experimenting with FreeDOS in an effort to find a solution for
access to a legacy DOS application.  The environment is an HP laptop
(6730s) running Win7 32-bit, VMWare Player v5 and FreeDOS 1.1.  All
proceeds smoothly until I try to gain access to a printer share via
MSClient.  (This is the only way I can see to get the application to
print.)  The challenge occurs when attempting to load the driver for the
laptop's ethernet card - a Marvell Yukon.  The driver is named
yuknd.dos.

I've tried a number of configurations based on postings found on the web. In an
effort to narrow the problem down I entered the following into fdconfig.sys:

device=c:\net\yuknd.dos

When stepping thru boot, this line results in the error message "Controller
not found".  What means, if any, are available to get over this?  (The
laptop also has wireless, but I suspect that is even more highly
problematic.)

Many thanks for sharing your wisdom.
George

ps: my apologies if my lack of understanding of lists has caused this to be a
duplicate posting.